Information, advice and support for students and prospective students.
The Basel Student Advice Center is available to secondary school pupils in the canton of Basel-Stadt, anyone interested in studying at the University of Basel, and all students at the University of Basel.
The center provides information and support for individual study and career choices and for topics such as planning your studies, choosing a master’s program, study issues such as studying and work techniques or decision conflicts, starting your career, and continuing education. The Basel Student Advice Center also offers psychological counselingfor personal or psychological issues to students and doctoral students of the University of Basel. The advice is confidential, unbiased and free of charge.
The Basel Student Advice Center also provides a freely accessible information center with a wide range of information about study choices, study programs and careers. The information center is open to the public and is available to anyone interested in its services. There are also various informational events on offer.
(only the first page is translated into English)
We are here for you!
You can contact us by phone at the normal times, even during the current situation. opening hours
- Advice sessions take place by phone or video. In exceptional cases, on-site appointments are possible to a limited extent.
- Our information center offers a pick-up service, but otherwise is closed. See below for more details.
We’re here for you – and that hasn’t changed!
The current situation is not easy; all the unknowns make the process of choosing what to study resp. make personal study more difficult. We are happy to support you – especially at the moment.
Contact us with questions and concerns about study and career choices, gap year, career planning or in the case of personal difficulties, fears, difficulties with studying in distance learning, social isolation, conflicts or the psychological handling of the current situation. Learning and the daily structure are also recurring topics where we are happy to support you.
- We are available by telephone at the normal times. opening hours
- Until further notice, personal consultations will take place by phone or video. In exceptional cases, on-site appointments are possible to a limited extent.
To make an appointment, please contact us at +41 61 207 29 29 (Mon-Thu from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Mon-Fri from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- The information center is closed. With observance of the protective and hygiene measures the information center offers a pick up-service: Monday until Friday from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m..
Returns are possible (contactless).
- Information about taster studies at the University of Basel can be found here
- Numerus Clausus: From mid-February we will inform you about current options.
- A mask is required in the building and in all interior rooms of the student advisory center.
We will keep you up to date with changes.
Covid-19: How can I take care of my mental health in the pandemic?
- Structure your day, including breaks.
- Remain active and take time to relax.
- Maintain social contacts, e.g. online or by phone.
- Seek help for your fears, worries and conflict
Numerous service units at the University of Basel are available to assist you: Corona-Support of the University of Basel
Useful links and tips:
www.dureschnufe.ch (only in German)
Information and tips in English and in other languages (Association of Austrian psychologist)
Working from Home Office (University of Basel)
With virtual self-help groups through the corona pandemic (in German, French, Italian)
If you nevertheless face the odd challenging moment, please don’t hesitate to call 143 (Dargebotene Hand)!
The Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel (UPK) offers a walk-in outpatient clinic on Kornhausgasse in Basel, a point of contact in acute crisis situations. Emergencies are being handled without restrictions (24h, +41 61 325 51 00).