Information, advice and support for students and prospective students.
The Basel Student Advice Center is available to secondary school pupils in the canton of Basel-Stadt, anyone interested in studying at the University of Basel, and all students at the University of Basel.
The center provides information and support for individual study and career choices and for topics such as planning your studies, choosing a master’s program, study issues such as studying and work techniques or decision conflicts, starting your career, and continuing education. The Basel Student Advice Center also offers psychological counselingfor personal or psychological issues to students and doctoral students of the University of Basel. The advice is confidential, unbiased and free of charge.
The Basel Student Advice Center also provides a freely accessible information center with a wide range of information about study choices, study programs and careers. The information center is open to the public and is available to anyone interested in its services. There are also various informational events on offer.
(only the first page is translated into English)
We are here for you!
You can contact us by phone at the normal times, even during the current situation. opening hours
- Advice sessions take place by phone or video. In exceptional cases, on-site appointments are possible to a limited extent.
- Our information center offers a pick-up service, but otherwise is closed. See below for more details.
Swiss Information Events
Overview of current online events on choice of profession and degree subject (Covid-19). With filter criteria «Bildungstypen» it shows the events of the institutions of higher education.
(Note: This page is an offer from berufsberatung.ch to the cantons; each canton decides independently what is included. It is therefore not an exhaustive list.)
Overview of the yearly information events of Swiss Universitites and Universitites of Applied Sciences.
We’re here for you – and that hasn’t changed!
The current situation is not easy; all the unknowns make the process of choosing what to study resp. make personal study more difficult. We are happy to support you – especially at the moment.
Contact us with questions and concerns about study and career choices, gap year, career planning or in the case of personal difficulties, fears, difficulties with studying in distance learning, social isolation, conflicts or the psychological handling of the current situation. Learning and the daily structure are also recurring topics where we are happy to support you.
- We are available by telephone at the normal times. opening hours
- Until further notice, personal consultations will take place by phone or video. In exceptional cases, on-site appointments are possible to a limited extent.
To make an appointment, please contact us at +41 61 207 29 29 (Mon-Thu from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Mon-Fri from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- The information center is closed. With observance of the protective and hygiene measures the information center offers a pick up-service: Monday until Friday from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m..
Returns are possible (contactless).
- Information about taster studies at the University of Basel can be found here
- Numerus Clausus: From mid-February we will inform you about current options.
- A mask is required in the building and in all interior rooms of the student advisory center.
We will keep you up to date with changes.
Beast Blog – students blog about their lives
www.berufsberatung.ch – The official info portal for career and study choices, degree programs and career progression
The Basel Student Advisory Service offers various events during the year for high school students, high school graduates and prospective students.
Overview of our events
The main events of the University of Basel are aimed at prospective students, students as well at employees or the general public. Information website of the University of Basel for prospective students